What documents do I need as evidence or proof of relationship?

​Due to the number of fake relationships and marriages that the Home Office has dealt with, they do require evidence that you are truthfully in a relationship. Along with a fiancé or spouse application for a visa, you will need to provide as much of the following evidence as you can:

  • Photos
  • Air Fares
  • Emails
  • Skype/Facetime or other similar app’s chat history
  • Phone Bills
  • Or other types of billing or receipts that can prove that you are communicating, visiting or are together and are in a relationship

Filed In: 

Visit our affiliate partner

UK Yankee is a resource and community for expatriate Americans living in or planning to move to the UK, established in 1999. Please join the discussions in our friendly expat community.